Sunday, January 29, 2012

Super Fan

JKS writes me love letters at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg
Well kids, it's nigh on five years since moving to Winnipeg. Some of you may recall when I first started Olivebits I had a bit of a crush on The Weakerthans (see blog post Winnipeg Love Letters: W is for The Weakerthans). I guess if I'm being truly honest, the crush may have been directed at John K. Samson. Sure, he's not your typical crush material. But ever since high school, I've had a thing for the geeky smart boys.

In this post's collage you'll see I've finally got my wish: a personalized note from JKS thanking ME for moving to Winnipeg. It's a dream come true for a Super Fan. But truthfully, more than this sweet dream, this lovely iPhone collage, this token of my fandom, I have something more amazing.

These awesome images of the awesome JKS were taken by Jay, my very own geeky (handsome!) smart boy. While I was at home preparing for our 10 year old's birthday slumber party, he, the one who hates waiting, was waiting patiently in line for an autograph. He knew how much it would mean to me to have the book of lyrics and poems. He knew how much it would mean to me to have that personalized one-liner from a great Winnipeg ambassador. He knew I would never stop talking about it. He knew all this, and despite a whole world of embarrassment for him, he still did it. For me. For the Super Fan.

He's off to bed now. I hope he knows that deep in my heart, and way out on my sleeve, I am HIS Super Fan. And he, forever and a day, will be my number one geeky smart boy.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's love! Not that there was ever any doubt!